|DOOM – Multiplayer Maps Explored|
From the blood-soaked UAC facilities on Mars to the fiery depths of Hell, DOOM multiplayer will take you on a tour of 9 deviously diverse locations. While each multiplayer map is distinct, they all share a few traits in common. For starters, you’ll need to stay in constant motion to stay alive; every map is constructed to keep the action brutally fast-paced. These multi-tiered combat arenas are littered with hazards, and packed with items that can turn the tide of combat at a moment’s notice. And while they all have secrets for you to uncover, none of them are built to allow for easy sniping or hiding points.
DOOM multiplayer launches with 9 unique maps, four of which are prominently featured in the video below. Check it out for a taste of what’ll you’ll experience when DOOM releases on May 13 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
Along with what we showed in the video, a few more notes about the maps:
• Some maps include one- or two-way teleporters. Both humans and demons can use these, but weapon-fire can’t be teleported. (So don’t get cute and try to shoot rockets through a teleporter!)
• Need to leap to the top of a level? Look for a bounce pad. Both humans and demons can use these to quickly ascend to new heights.
• Like any good multiplayer map, you’ll find both explosive barrels and hazard canisters throughout. The former does exactly what you expect; the latter not only explodes but leaves behind hazardous slime – which, for a limited time, will continue to deliver damage to anyone unlucky enough to run through the glowing green muck.
• Speaking of green muck, some levels are surrounded by radioactive slime, which will harm humans. Fire will also deal damage to humans, as will energy/plasma (with the potential here for an instant kill, depending on the severity of the hazard). Demons are immune to all three of these hazards.
• And, as always, avoid lava and pits of death. Both are instant kills for humans and demons.
Full list of multiplayer maps available at DOOM’s launch
• Excavation. A modest-sized UAC mining outpost. Watch out for the rock grinder!
• Infernal. A mid-sized Hell map with both interior and exterior elements. Lots of platforms and chasms, along with teleporters.
• Chasm. This massive map takes you deep below the polar ice caps of Mars. A great place to play Freeze Tag.
• Disposal. This smaller map is the main waste processing facility for the UAC research and residential complexes. Unsurprisingly, it’s full of radioactive slime.
• Helix. This is where they experiment on demons and develop advanced weaponry. Which, naturally, makes it perfect for a quick round of Clan Arena.
• Perdition. Disjointed and sadistic, this ancient arena is populated by the agonized moans of unfortunate souls who have suffered within its realm.
• Sacrilegious. Set within a fracture of Hell, this map offers clear lines of sight. Move fast… or die faster.
• Heatwave. An industrial UAC facility with glistening halls that will soon be slicked with human (and demon) blood.
• Beneath. Before being beamed to Earth, the energies of Hell are harnessed in this symmetrical and cavernous location.