|DOOM at E3 2016 – Demo, Free Updates and Premium DLC|
“Last month we had the privilege of releasing one of the most iconic titles in this industry to fans around the world,” said Executive Producer Marty Stratton at E3 2016. Hot on the heels of DOOM’s successful launch, Stratton then shared what’s still to come for id Software’s seminal shooter.
id Software built its mighty legacy on sharing, offering free demos of the original DOOM over two decades ago. In that same spirit, today’s DOOM will also offer a free demo of the full first level of game. This demo will available for a limited time only – during the week of E3. If you haven’t yet experienced the powerful guns, vicious demons and intense speed that’s made DOOM such a critical hit, now’s the perfect time.
SnapMap – Free Updates
Inspired by the community creations, id Software plans to provide free updates to DOOM’s innovative SnapMap creation tool, expanding everything from the visuals to the functionality and beyond. Here are some highlights that will be released in the coming months:
• New construction modules, including Hell visual themes
• New props, weapons and items
• New logic options
• New functionality, like the campaign’s popular weapon wheel, that will help creators build deeper single-player experiences
• Enhanced ways to easily find and play new content in the SnapMap hub
Multiplayer – Free Updates
In the next month, id Software will release two new modes:
• Exodus: a one-flag CTF mode that Stratton describes as a “uniquely DOOM experience”
• Sector: a multizone capture-and-hold mode
Later this summer, DOOM will also be updated with three additional free-for-all modes, including beloved classic mode. All of these new modes will be playable on any existing or future maps, and will be free for all players.
Multiplayer – Unto the Evil
DOOM’s first premium DLC pack will also release next month. Unto the Evil will include:
• Three new multiplayer maps: Offering, Cataclysm and Ritual
• A new player-controlled demon: Harvester
• A new weapon: UAC EMG Pistol
• New equipment: Kinetic Mine
• New ways to customize your DOOM marine, including additional armor sets, patterns, colors and taunts
• New hack modules
“With just a month past since our launch, we hope you’ve only scratched the surface of fun we packed into the game,” Stratton said. “And we can’t wait to give you even more ways to compete, create, play and fight like hell.”