Download HQ Trailer .MP4 | 224 MB - Official Site
|Ryo Sakazaki, Yuri Sakazaki, and Robert Garcia Want to Bring Honor to Their Dojo in The King of Fighters XIV|
Are you a fan of Karate, discipline, and giant fireballs? Then we have good news, because Team Art of Fighting is returning and ready to battle in The King of Fighters XIV!
Ryo Sakazaki, Yuri Sakazaki, and Robert Garcia can most aptly be described as complete "dojo heads." They're all dedicated practitioners of the Kyokugenryu Karate style, and train under the tutelage of Mr. Karate himself, Takuma Sakazaki (who also happens to be Ryo and Yuri's father). Ryo's fighting style, just like his personality, is very stoic and strong. I mean you have to be if you're next in line to be the master of your father's dojo. On the other hand, the suave, and somewhat cavalier, Robert's style of fighting is VERY kick oriented. Seriously, just watch the trailer. Lastly, Yuri's fighting style is both cute and utterly unpredictable. Although she uses the most basic forms of Kyokugenryu Karate, she has adapted her fighting style to fit her fighting needs. Some moves might even look vaguely familiar...
Here are the top-line refinements for The King of Fighters XIV:
• 3D Evolution: All 50 fighters, movesets and more are rendered in full 3D graphics that preserves the essence of KOF's visual style but updates it with a whole new dimension.
• The Best Refinement since KOF '98: Through extensive playtesting and balancing, the controls have been streamlined, and the Combo and Max Mode mechanics have been overhauled to create the most competitive fighter in SNK's history.
• The KOF Saga Continues: There's a robust single-player storyline where several years have passed since the previous KOF tournament. Now a worldwide business, the global KOF will decide who is the strongest as both individuals and companies with their own ambitions have come to compete. Players compete against CPU-controlled opponents to unlock the storyline.
• The Best Roster Yet: There are 50 fighters total, with 31 returning from previous entries into the KOF series, and 19 brand new characters. All 50 characters will be available at the game's launch.
• Revamped Online Experience: The King of Fighters XIV has devoted a lot of development time to improving the game's netcode for vastly improved online gameplay. KOF XIV uses the PS4's online architecture to have a whole host of online conveniences, from spectating to saving replay/battle data, and having a single online KOF XIV profile to connect with friends.
The game will be $59.99/CA$79.99 at launch. Pre-orders and a limited number of launch editions will arrive in this special SteelBook case. Plus, for the week following launch, the Classic Kyo costume DLC will be free to all players!
The King of Fighters XIV "Burn to Fight" Premium Edition includes the following for $79.99/CA$99.99:
• SteelBook - The game disc will be encased in a collectible SteelBook emblazoned with the series' fiery mainstay, Kyo Kusanagi, literally burning to fight.
• Art book - This 144-page art book will be filled with original character/stage drawings from throughout the series.
• 3-Disc Soundtrack - Those looking for an audio fix will be able to enjoy a three-disc soundtrack (housed in a gorgeous Mai Shiranui illustrated case) comprised of 60+ electric songs worthy of the greatest fighting tournament in the world.
• Collector's Box - All the above items will be packaged in a scorching box adorned with familiar characters.