|DOOM – Unto the Evil Now Available|
Hot on the heels of the release of Free Update 2, DOOM’s first premium DLC, Unto the Evil, is now available. Unto the Evil brings three new diverse maps to DOOM multiplayer, in addition to a new weapon, a new playable demon and more. id Software is also introducing the PartyPlay system, which allows anyone to play any of the new maps from Unto the Evil, as long as you party up with a friend who owns the DLC. Similarly, if you own the DLC, the Unto the Evil DLC maps will be accessible to anyone who’s in your party as part of the map rotation.
Unto the Evil is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, and can be purchased for $14.99 (£11.99 / €14.99 / AUS $23.95), or as part of the DOOM Season Pass.
Unto the Evil includes the following:
• Three new multiplayer maps: Offering, Cataclysm and Ritual
• A new player-controlled demon: Harvester
• A new weapon: UAC EMG Pistol
• New equipment: Kinetic Mine
• New ways to customize your DOOM Marine, including additional armor sets, patterns, colors and taunts
• New hack modules
At QuakeCon, DOOM Executive Producer Marty Stratton announced a double XP weekend to coincide with the launch of Unto the Evil. Also coming soon is classic deathmatch, which attendees got to try exclusively at the show.