|The Phantom Thieves Will Strike When Persona 5 Launches on the 14th of February 2017 in Europe and all PAL Regions|
Deep Silver today reveal Persona 5, from the award-winning Persona Japanese role-playing game series developed by Atlus, will launch in Europe and all PAL regions on February 14th 2017, for a simultaneous western launch. This instalment will be available exclusively for consoles on PlayStation 4 (PS4) for €69.99 / £54.99 and PlayStation 3 for €49.99 / £39.99, at Retail and Digital.
For PlayStation 4 both the Persona 5 “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition as well as the Persona 5 SteelBook Launch Edition are now available to pre-order. The Persona 5 “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition, available for €89.99 / £79.99, offers the game, SteelBook Collectible Case, Soundtrack CD, 4" / 10 cm Morgana Plush, 64-page Hardcover Art Book, School Bag and Collectible Outer Box. The SteelBook Launch Edition of Persona 5 offers the game & SteelBook Collectible Case, at the price of €69.99 / £54.99. The PlayStation 3 version will be only available in a standard game case at the price of €49.99 / £39.99.
Persona 5 is a game about the internal and external conflicts of a group of troubled high school students – the protagonist and a collection of compatriots he meets in the game’s story – who live dual lives as Phantom Thieves. They have the typically ordinary day-to-day of a Tokyo high schooler: attending class, after-school activities and part-time jobs. But they also undertake fantastical adventures by using otherworldly powers to enter the hearts of people. Their power comes from the Persona, the Jungian concept of the “self”. The game’s heroes realise that society forces people to wear masks to protect their inner vulnerabilities, and only by literally ripping off their protective mask and confronting their inner selves do the heroes awaken their inner power, and use it to strive to help those in need. Ultimately, the group of Phantom Thieves seeks to change their day-to-day world to match their perception and see through the masks modern-day society wears.
Premium and Steelbook Edition Details
PS4 SteelBook Launch Edition – PlayStation 4 only (€69.99, £54.99)
Available only to PS4 pre-orders and a limited number of day-one purchases while supplies last.
• SteelBook: The PS4 version will come specially packaged in a metal game case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs
Take Your Heart Premium Collector’s Edition – PlayStation 4 only (€89.99/£79.99)
The definitive collector’s edition of Persona 5 is exclusive to the PS4 version of the game and includes the following:
• Soundtrack: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer, Shoji Meguro, in a CD sleeve featuring P5 artwork.
• 4” / 10 cm plush keychain: Morgana the Phantom Thieves’ cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but also a member - and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4”/10 cm plush of Morgana.
• 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
• SteelBook game case: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a metal game case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
• School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
• Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.