Fig campaign for Wasteland 3
|inXile Entertainment Returns to Crowfunding With Wasteland 3 - Ambitious Sequel to Include Single and Multiplayer|
inXile Entertainment announces Wasteland 3, sequel to 2014’s Wasteland 2, which stands as one of the most successful videogame crowdfunding projects, and delivering with an 87 Metacritic score. The Wasteland 3 crowdfunding campaign on Fig offers both equity and rewards options, with an overall goal of raising $2.75M USD, $2.25M coming from equity.
“If a platform like Fig had existed back when we kickstarted the Wasteland 2 campaign, investors would have been very happy,” said Brian Fargo, CEO, inXile Entertainment. “We want to take our Wasteland franchise to a darker and brutal post-apocalyptic setting that builds on the foundation of Wasteland 2. A game that is ambitious in reactivity and with new features like multi-player and the integration of vehicles into the world.”
In Wasteland 3, inXile builds upon its award-winning franchise, beginning shortly after the end of Wasteland, with the player starting the game as the sole survivor of Team November, a Ranger squad dispatched to the icy Colorado wastes. Colorado is a land of buried secrets, lost technology, fearsome lunatics, and deadly factions, most of which have never heard of the Desert Rangers.
About Wasteland 3
Wasteland 3 is party-based roleplaying game, playable in single-player or multiplayer, with a renewed focus on reactivity and strategic combat.
• Multi-Player: Playable in single- and multiplayer experiences.
• Combat: Deep turn-based combat, evolving on Wasteland 2's strategic options and unique encounter design. By including vehicles, environmental dangers, and a revamped, more fluid action system, Wasteland 3 evolves from Wasteland 2’s deep tactical turn-based combat and unique encounter design.
• Gameplay: For the first time, players can play by themselves or with friends in a story-driven synchronous or asynchronous multiplayer experience. Choices open up mission opportunities, areas to explore, story arcs, and tons of other content.
• Ranger Base: Your Ranger Base is a core part of the experience. As you help the local people and establish a reputation in Colorado, quests and narrative will force you to make decisions on how to lead.
• Environment: The game will be set in the savage lands of frozen Colorado, where survival is difficult and a happy outcome is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world.
• Storyline: Wasteland 3 will feature a deep and engaging story utilizing a newly-revamped dialog tree system from the celebrated writers of Torment: Tides of Numenera.
• Platforms: Simultaneously releasing to Windows, macOS, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.