|Drawn To Death is Free for PS Plus Members This April|
Hey y’all, it’s Jaffe, game director over at The Bartlet Jones Supernatural Detective Agency. I have a confession to make. For the past few months, whenever players would suggest that Drawn To Death would be a perfect fit as one of the free games for PlayStation Plus, I’d have to bite my tongue (And if you know me, you know that ain’t easy!).
All I could do was nod and say, “That’d be great. We’d love it, but no plans for that. Nice idea, though!”
But behind the scenes we had been talking to the folks over at PS Plus. I wanted to find a way to invite all of you PS Plus members into this experience and give you a look at what really excites me about games these days. We’ve been working on Drawn To Death for nearly three years, and over time, it really has become this robust, highly competitive game — and we haven’t even talked about a lot of the new features yet. Needless to say, I thought you could all help us build an unbelievable community for the game.
I just couldn’t say anything.
We just couldn’t wait any longer to share the good news, so here we are — finally — loud and proud and excited as-all-get-out to announce that Drawn To Death launches April 4 and is free for PS Plus members!
Drawn To Death, as you may know, is a third-person shooter/brawler that takes place entirely inside the pages of a high school kid’s notebook. All of the kid’s creative drawings come to life and battle it out in this highly competitive, fast paced, online action game.
Besides the surprisingly tactical combat, unique over the tops levels, and fantastically deep characters, there’s a lot more to Drawn To Death that we haven’t really talked about. Here are the five coolest new features we’ve added to the game that will be included at launch:
• Sphinx Missions: Wake the mysterious Sphinx and see if you can solve her eight battle-focused riddles. For every riddle solved, a new weapon — or a new level — will be rewarded!
• Character-centric Missions: Besides levelling up characters, players will also have the opportunity to work through 15 action-packed missions per each of the six launch characters. Earn costumes and rare Taunts as you work your way through your favorite characters. Master all of the character missions and you may come face to face with the Volcano God!
• Mystery Boxes: Who doesn’t love Mystery Boxes?! The Drawn To Death Mystery Boxes are filled to the brim with amazing character taunts and insanely creative character skins. Get a free Mystery Box just by playing three matches online and then earn Mystery Boxes for every 150 kills you execute on the battlefield!
• Climb the Tower: The Drawn To Death launch tower is based on the theme Dark Fairy Tales, and if you play in ranked mode, you’ll have a chance to reach the tower’s top, earning insane stickers for every floor you reach!
• Insane Mystery Special Offer: I’m not at liberty to go into detail or spoil the surprise but let me just say this: “Destroy my enemies and my life… is yours!”
I hope I’ve gotten you at least a little interested in Drawn To Death, and perhaps even adding it into your game collection.
Take care, y’all. As always, thanks for the support and interest in all the games we’ve worked on over the years. We’re nothing without you!
David Jaffe - Video Game Designer/Director