|Experience Gladiolus’ journey through Final Fantasy XV’s first character DLC |
Fans of Final Fantasy XV can experience the world of Eos from a new perspective in the game’s first character-focused downloadable content (DLC), titled Episode Gladiolus. For the first time, players will set aside the swift warp-strike play style of the Crown Prince Noctis and take on the role of faithful comrade Gladiolus, who utilizes a vastly different play style emphasising defence, blocking and counterattacks.
The episode features:
• A new story told from Gladiolus’ perspective uncovering the events that transpired when the character left the party in Final Fantasy XV’s main storyline
• An exhilarating combat system that capitalizes on Gladiolus’ blocking and counterattacking play style through the new “Valor” and “Rage” system
• Previously inaccessible parts of Eos that are now open for exploration
• Special items that can be carried over the main game and exclusive to those who complete Episode Gladiolus
• Two brand-new gameplay modes, “Score Attack” and “Final Trial” made available upon completing Episode Gladiolus
Square Enix also released a free game update that adds cutscenes that enhance the Chapter 13 story experience, two different playable Chapter 13 routes for players to choose from, and more powerful ring magic, and opens up additional areas to explore in the game.
A new trailer detailing the Episode Gladiolus DLC and March game update is available to view on YouTube.
Final Fantasy XV’s Episode Gladiolus is available today as a standalone package through the Xbox Games Store and PlayStation Store or as part of the Season Pass. Those who already own the Season Pass will automatically have access to the DLC.
Gallery on Google Photos